• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Koen's Mod App 2: Electric Boogaloo

I legitimately hope this post doesn't come across as offensive, annoying, or power-hungry~ I legit just want to help the server, so please don'tt think of this as being power-hungry. I don't have any ill attention and just want to help the server~ I love hearing your feedback and seeing whether if I have improved or not~

Name: 
  • Aaron (a a ron)
IGN [In Game Name]: 
  • Koen or Keon
Steam Id: 
  • https://steamcommunity.com/id/itskoenlul/ 
Why do you want to become a moderator:
Oh boy. here I am back again. In the span of a month and a half between my last mod app and this one... I've seen and learned a lot~
  • I got to know much more about people, as well as getting to hang out with a lot of them. It's becoming apparent that school is going to start for many of the current mods, and their availability will also soon decrease.
  • After the last mod app, I definitely learned a lot. When I first submitted it, Sena was kind enough to point out many of my flaws, some of which I never knew. Ever since my last mod app, I've taken the time to reflect and improve myself. I do my best to stay humble, to help new players, and overall be a better version of myself.
  • For this time, I'm ready to take on the challenges of being a mod as an improved person overall. Thanks to the likes of 1mpact, kawaii/loonatic, Sena, and quite a few other players that really helped me out last time. Although I got rejected last time, I'm still willing to continue to learn and improve overall as a player.
Why do I want to be a moderator for the ZE server? I want to help keep the server fun and calm for all players alike. Sometimes, we have people who come in and mic spam the shit out of their mics, and we can't seem to stop them. With the amount of active mods slowly decreasing, we are often defenseless against people like these. I want to be mod to help keep the server calm and normal. Just today alone on shroomforest... there we no admins online... so we had numerous people misuse items as well as mislead and mic spam... I can be online and help against these kinds of things.

I hope I can become a mod and continue to help the community by teaching new players as well as keeping the server peaceful.

How many hours a week can you play:
at this point, I can dedicate around 2-10 hours a day (over summer break), doing the maths... hmm... somewhere in the neighborhood of 14-70 hours a week.

The point is, I can dedicate at least 2 hours every day, but most of the time even more.

Any past experience as a mod on any game:
  • Moderator on Blackmarke7 ZE server
  • Ex-Trial Mod for Steam-Gamers ZE server (There were too many mods at the time so I wasn't needed ;-Wink
  • Moderator on TGPA Taiwan AWP Server
  • Hmod on US Gloveworks AWP Server

With all that said, I hope I can receive the mod position to help keep the server fun and organized! I have changed since my last mod app, but I am still ready to take on new challenges and continue to grow both as a ze player as well as a moderator in general. I hope to see you guys on the server, and show you what I am capable of!

Have a g'day homies~

edit 1: Just wanted to point out that I have no ill intention as some people previously thought. I'm not a two-faced person about this. I'm just here to have fun and to help out the server. Thanks Smile

edit 2: Some people have mentioned how my mic is kinda scuffed and I sound dead... I apologize as I'm currently out of home and do not have a completely functional mic~ I'm working with a laptop and as you might know... laptop mics are pretty scuffed. I will return home by August so my mic will be better by then~ I apologize if it sounds like shit~

edit 3: So one of the general consensus I am getting from players is that I mic spam still too much from before. I can definitely see this is a problem and hope to prove this through actions, not just by words in the next few days/weeks. Hope you guys can see that portion of my promise to improve, and that you may reevaluate my mod app one day. Thanks @toppi

edit 4: Just wanted to make it clear that I'll return home by 8/1, which means I"ll have access to a better mic. I'll lead more maps after that point~
[Image: v1.png]
[Image: 76561198190108077.png]
[Image: 688384029623451667.png?v=1]
Smug Smug Smug Smug Smug
Thumbs Up 
Here's what I can say about you and my thoughts on you being an admin -
You are a friendly, interactive and chill person who is often online on the server and discord who leads and helps other players during early hours where there are quite a number of new players. You have a decent knowledge of most maps in ZE (hence being in CHAMPION ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) and have an amazing playtime in the server. It also is a very nicely made admin app which I guess probably took some time and shows me your dedication. Your app also has good intentions in them such as moderating the server whilst other admins aren't on.

Whilst I do tremendously appreciate your effort and persistence on becoming a mod such as recovering from your mistakes (being braggy etc) and interacting with the admin team more, there is one thing you do which contradicts what you said:

"Sometimes, we have people who come in and mic spam the shit out of their mics, and we can't seem to stop them"

Recently in the server, you have been playing some music/sounds which may have annoyed some people to the point where you got muted for a couple of hours. I know this doesn't necessarily bother me but It may disturb or annoy others don't know the !sm command. This makes me wonder whether you're mic-spamming or just trying to have some fun on the server but sometimes going a little too far.

Also, take this with a grain of salt since I don't have a mic, get a better mic so people can hear you better as you sound really raspy nowadays.

So basically
Pros
- Interactive and friendly 
- Very Active
- Dedication
- Never gets angry/lash out onto other players unreasonably, although this may become negative as people will take you lightly and won't listen
- Good knowledge of ZE
- Humble 
- Past admin experience
- From what I see you have lots of knowledge in coding which would be extremely helpful to the server

Cons
- Mic spamming
- Your past where you didn't exactly have most of the community favouring you (Although I hope you changed)
-  

Overall you would be a great addition and help to the mod team and the server if you fix that small habit of playing music in the mic.
Here is my +1 or +rep  Wink
(07-21-2020, 10:04 AM)WertL Wrote: Here's what I can say about you and my thoughts on you being an admin -
You are a friendly, interactive and chill person who is often online on the server and discord who leads and helps other players during early hours where there are quite a number of new players. You have a decent knowledge of most maps in ZE (hence being in CHAMPION ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) and have an amazing playtime in the server. It also is a very nicely made admin app which I guess probably took some time and shows me your dedication. Your app also has good intentions in them such as moderating the server whilst other admins aren't on.

Whilst I do tremendously appreciate your effort and persistence on becoming a mod such as recovering from your mistakes (being braggy etc) and interacting with the admin team more, there is one thing you do which contradicts what you said:

"Sometimes, we have people who come in and mic spam the shit out of their mics, and we can't seem to stop them"

Recently in the server, you have been playing some music/sounds which may have annoyed some people to the point where you got muted for a couple of hours. I know this doesn't necessarily bother me but It may disturb or annoy others don't know the !sm command. This makes me wonder whether you're mic-spamming or just trying to have some fun on the server but sometimes going a little too far.

Also, take this with a grain of salt since I don't have a mic, get a better mic so people can hear you better as you sound really raspy nowadays.

So basically
Pros
- Interactive and friendly 
- Very Active
- Dedication
- Never gets angry/lash out onto other players unreasonably, although this may become negative as people will take you lightly and won't listen
- Good knowledge of ZE
- Humble 
- Past admin experience
- From what I see you have lots of knowledge in coding which would be extremely helpful to the server

Cons
- Mic spamming
- Your past where you didn't exactly have most of the community favouring you (Although I hope you changed)
-  

Overall you would be a great addition and help to the mod team and the server if you fix that small habit of playing music in the mic.
Here is my +1 or +rep  Wink

I see mate. Thanks. I didn't realize it was being really annoying. I kinda resorted to using SLAM since I didn't have a mic on me, so I never realized it was annoying. I'll stop using SLAM unless I have to.

As for the poor mic quality... hope you can forgive me on that. I have not been home for the past month, so I've been using my laptop playing games. And as you might know... laptop mics aren't exactly the greatest mics. By the time I get back home, probably august, I'll have a better mic again to lead lol. 

Thanks for the tips, I'll work on it.
I see, thanks for clarifying : )
+rep/+1

A friendly and a very good leader

You have a deep knowledge on many ze maps and I can see you tried your best to lead the team to win everytime . Although sometimes we lose, you never get angry and you continued to lead the map and tells what people have to do until sucess.

Also, you have past admin experience on other server and I hope you can look over server good and make a good environment in ze server and try to help new players and guide them what to do.

Lastly, I hope you can be a ze mod as some of the ze mods are inactive/busy irl stuff so we need more ze mods to take over server and make a good playing experience on ZeddY"s zombie escape server as I saw some people will micspamming/trolling/inflating when there is no moderators online.

(sorry if I made some grammar mistakes because my English is not particularly that good :v)
(07-20-2020, 09:49 AM).koen Wrote: I legitimately hope this post doesn't come across as offensive, annoying, or power-hungry~ I legit just want to help the server, so please don'tt think of this as being power-hungry. I don't have any ill attention and just want to help the server~ I love hearing your feedback and seeing whether if I have improved or not~

Name: 
  • Aaron (a a ron)
IGN [In Game Name]: 
  • Koen or Keon
Steam Id: 
  • https://steamcommunity.com/id/itskoenlul/ 
Why do you want to become a moderator:
Oh boy. here I am back again. In the span of a month and a half between my last mod app and this one... I've seen and learned a lot~
  • I got to know much more about people, as well as getting to hang out with a lot of them. It's becoming apparent that school is going to start for many of the current mods, and their availability will also soon decrease.
  • After the last mod app, I definitely learned a lot. When I first submitted it, Sena was kind enough to point out many of my flaws, some of which I never knew. Ever since my last mod app, I've taken the time to reflect and improve myself. I do my best to stay humble, to help new players, and overall be a better version of myself.
  • For this time, I'm ready to take on the challenges of being a mod as an improved person overall. Thanks to the likes of 1mpact, kawaii/loonatic, Sena, and quite a few other players that really helped me out last time. Although I got rejected last time, I'm still willing to continue to learn and improve overall as a player.
Why do I want to be a moderator for the ZE server? I want to help keep the server fun and calm for all players alike. Sometimes, we have people who come in and mic spam the shit out of their mics, and we can't seem to stop them. With the amount of active mods slowly decreasing, we are often defenseless against people like these. I want to be mod to help keep the server calm and normal. Just today alone on shroomforest... there we no admins online... so we had numerous people misuse items as well as mislead and mic spam... I can be online and help against these kinds of things.

I hope I can become a mod and continue to help the community by teaching new players as well as keeping the server peaceful.

How many hours a week can you play:
at this point, I can dedicate around 2-10 hours a day (over summer break), doing the maths... hmm... somewhere in the neighborhood of 14-70 hours a week.

The point is, I can dedicate at least 2 hours every day, but most of the time even more.

Any past experience as a mod on any game:
  • Moderator on Blackmarke7 ZE server
  • Ex-Trial Mod for Steam-Gamers ZE server (There were too many mods at the time so I wasn't needed ;-Wink
  • Moderator on TGPA Taiwan AWP Server
  • Hmod on US Gloveworks AWP Server

With all that said, I hope I can receive the mod position to help keep the server fun and organized! I have changed since my last mod app, but I am still ready to take on new challenges and continue to grow both as a ze player as well as a moderator in general. I hope to see you guys on the server, and show you what I am capable of!

Have a g'day homies~

edit 1: Just wanted to point out that I have no ill intention as some people previously thought. I'm not a two-faced person about this. I'm just here to have fun and to help out the server. Thanks Smile

edit 2: Some people have mentioned how my mic is kinda scuffed and I sound dead... I apologize as I'm currently out of home and do not have a completely functional mic~ I'm working with a laptop and as you might know... laptop mics are pretty scuffed. I will return home by August so my mic will be better by then~ I apologize if it sounds like shit~

not that I don't like it but if you continue mic spamming if you'll be mod now others may not take you seriously so you have to consider my guy but other than that you're alright in my books in fact I'd like you to be mod right now and mute lilie for misleading ( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡° )

too much SLAM too little leading
(07-23-2020, 08:48 AM)Retardo Man Wrote: -1

too much SLAM too little leading

Sorry mate, I've cut down on SLAM, and am still continuing to cut down on it. I promise it'll be to an absolute minimum and probably won't use it again.

As for leading... I will have to apologize. The chances of me using my mic is little while I'm away from home till the end of July since laptop microphone is scuffed. I'm forced to lead using chat, which I have done a few teams this past few weeks (ask some of the people in the morning that I sometimes help lead using chat). I will lead more once I get back home and have a better microphone to use to communicate with people. I have lead people in the past month (June) on numerous maps such as silent hill.

tl;Dr - I'm still cutting down on SLAM usage. I'm away from home right now, forced to use a laptop. My laptop mic is not good and it's borderline ear rape if I were to try to use it. I do lead in the mornings using chat (though it's ineffective). I'll do my best to lead more once I get home and can use my microphone.

Thanks for the comments mate! Have a g'day~