• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Koen's Moderator App

Hey guys, I know this is the third app from me, but I'll make this the final mod app, and don't plan on deleting it anymore. I'll be answering any questions you guys have, and I won't be asking people for +1's, but rather just chill and have fun regardless if I get it or not. Special thanks to Haise for telling me things I need to improve on, Shizuka for being super nice to teach me things, Loonatic for instructing me on the mod app process, and especially Neko for giving me constructive criticism last time.

Name: 
  • Aaron K.
IGN [In Game Name]: 
  • (mainly) Koen | (sometimes) Rex
Steam Id: Age: 
Why do you want to become a moderator:
  • Ooh boy, there's actually a lot of reasons for my mod app.
  • the first reason is definitely because most of the mods (I wouldn't say all as I know some still hop on) aren't as active since they're all grinding GTA 5 and some other games, and some mods don't hop on until later times. So I definitely want to become mod to fill in times where no mods are on.
  • another thing is sometimes mods are on, but they may be either AFK or busy playing the map to help moderate, thus I can also step up to help them out when they're busy.
  • I want to make the server playable and enjoyable for many players, and to help leaders make leading easier. I've seen numerous mic spammers and chat spammers, so I want to help keep those people off 
  • Overall, to really help zeddy's ze server grow and make it more popular than ever! I had a lot of fun playing, and I got to meet lots of people. So I want to continue my support for the support beyond coding plugins, but also help modding and keeping things clean.
How many hours a week can you play:
  • I can put in at least 10 hours each week, but next week (5/29) my summer break starts. I plan on playing even more ZE so I would be on for at least 20-30 hours a week soon XD.
Any past experience as a mod on any game:
  • Gloveworks US AWP + RGA Server leader + Senior Admin
  • Raze ZE server dev + backup admin (I don't play there often though, I just help fix lag as a coder)
  • Ex-Admin on Blackmarke7 ZE server (server died so my admin died with it :pepehandsSmile

• Ex-Admin on TGPA Taiwan awp server (server died too rip)
  • Ex-Admin on IELST ZE Server in Taiwan (it was a super small server that barely lasted 6 months before going down permanently)
  • Applied for admin on Steam-Gamers but got rejected as I didn't have the minimum hours required for admins. However, I did get a lot of +1's and +rep's from other admins (thanks bright wesker and beeen)
Oh boy, my third mod app. I realized that I deleted my previous 2 mod apps out of immaturity, but this time, I feel like I am definitely ready to take up the responsibilities and challenge. I know I'm still at odds with certain mods, but I did my best to improve my relationship with everyone, and to really open up and speak with the community more! I hope it all works out, and hope to serve the community even more! I know that I'm still learning, but I'm ready to take on the challenge Smile

Feel free to comment your thoughts and questions, I'll try to respond and answer all of them \(=>.<=)/

Have a good day  Heart Heart
You honestly have a lot going for you, a humble attitude meaning you will hopefully be open to the idea of making mistakes and improving upon them which is a great admin quality. Technical/coding knowledge which is always good for an admin team. You seem moderately active which is good. You have lots of past and current admin experience, obviously a good thing. Overall your growth mindset is a huge plus, and I hope it will translate to carefully considering each person you mute, etc. and not being too harsh to players for minor offenses, something some current admins still have to work on. Also understanding that as an admin you'll make mistakes but can at least learn from them (I've said this twice but it's pretty important).

now for the n̶i̶g̶g̶ negatives. Since you have made your previous applications very recently, although you have improved the app, it comes across as a little power-hungry.

nevertheless +1
Long time ze player (playing since 2019), kind of a veteran in the scene, you can ask me anything and I will know the answer
I'm also a very good laser (i can beat surf vortex consistently)and have beat wanderers v4 level 4
Currently 11 years old but I'm very mature for my age (most people believe I'm 14 or 15 lol)

As the head mod, I respect your dedication. I'm actually quite honored that someone who is as dedicated as you is trying to apply for the zombie escape server. It reminds me of my old days in 2017.
It's good that you are open to other opinions and that you're trying to improve yourself, etc.
But as I am the head mod, I will not give any upvotes nor downvotes, I will wait for players to reply on this mod application before I decide.

I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you so much 1mpact for the kind words. I hope I can continue to live up to my promises regardless if I get mod or not. Hope I can continue to grow more mature and spend more time with the community as well. I’ll continue to work hard at it Smile

(05-21-2020, 07:45 PM)Loonatic Wrote: As the head mod, I respect your dedication. I'm actually quite honored that someone who is as dedicated as you is trying to apply for the zombie escape server. It reminds me of my old days in 2017.
It's good that you are open to other opinions and that you're trying to improve yourself, etc.
But as I am the head mod, I will not give any upvotes nor downvotes, I will wait for players to reply on this mod application before I decide.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you loonatic for the kind words. I know I am still relatively new but I will continue to try my best to help the community and to grow personally in terms of maturity.
-1 BIG NO
3rd app in a month , coz before was declined both in a week. shows to me you're power hungry
i dont really like your attitude,
Heard from someone u like to trashtalk players.
and lastly my feeling says that you're two faced.
shame on you
(05-22-2020, 03:31 AM)シノン Shino Wrote: -1 BIG NO
3rd app in a month , coz before was declined both in a week. shows to me you're power hungry
shame on you

Um, just to clarify, I deleted the previous 2 applications because I was acting immature, but I never gave the mods a chance to properly review the application. I decided to reapply this time once and for all since I realized deleting my previous mod apps was a bad idea.

Erm, I personally don’t trash talk players on the level of toxicity, I usually say if out of playful banter. I apologize if my idea of playful banter goes off as trash talk as after talking to you, I realized there are things I need to watch out for due to the difference in cultures.

As for the two-face part... well I won’t deny the fact that I have done two-faced things before. I understand that I got off of the wrong foot with certain mods, and just like what neko said, my first impression was shit. But, I’ve promised to continuously improve, and I hope that even you Shino, a person that I trust and look up to, would once reconsider your opinions of me. I promise I’ll improve and hopefully we can chill as friends Smile

Yes, I admit it’s shameful to reapply 3 times in the past months, but I wanted to make to clear that the first 2 were deleted because I realized I wasn’t ready, but I shouldn’t have deleted them just because people said bad stuff about me. I realized that people’s comments are constructive criticism, and that I won’t delete again (thanks loonatic for the tips and advice).

So shino, I apologize if we got off on the wrong foot, but I hope with time that we can mend your impression of me and to continue to grow as a person.
(05-22-2020, 03:31 AM)シノン Shino Wrote: -1 BIG NO
shame on you

You heard it from someone? I don't believe you get to judge if you didn't experience it personally? Also how does re-applying show that he's power-hungry? He could just want to help the server? 

As a mmod player and a non-ze player I don't have the rights to comment on this app as I don't know who koen is personally and I have never seen him (because i dont play ze) but as a mmod mod I don't think your basis of evaluation is correct. 

From what I see it seems that you have -1'd this app not because he wouldn't help the server out, its more of your personal dislike of him. I believe before you give your re-evaluation of this application you should reflect on yourself. Also, the audacity of you to say that trashtalking is bad when you call MMod people retarded back when the forum was getting raided and we didn't do anything to you.
Neutral.

In the past few months that i rest for playing csgo considering zeddy's zombie escape server. The server made a huge update and also the community and it change a lot.... I am not saying that your not fit for being mod but for me since i just started playing ze in zeddy again i just want to know you more since i started just a week and i'll grind every day from now on so i hope i see you there every day and prove them that they're wrong because every single mods in ze have their own opinions and sometimes we're not getting agreed of it. So i hope you make yourself comfortable in the server and don't think too much and not just only that make yourself as an example for being a good and well mannered player in the server... I'll give you a big good luck for this! have fun!
(05-22-2020, 03:54 PM)Feyz Wrote: Neutral.

In the past few months that i rest for playing csgo considering zeddy's zombie escape server. The server made a huge update and also the community and it change a lot.... I am not saying that your not fit for being mod but for me since i just started playing ze in zeddy again i just want to know you more since i started just a week and i'll grind every day from now on so i hope i see you there every day and prove them that they're wrong because every single mods in ze have their own opinions and sometimes we're not getting agreed of it. So i hope you make yourself comfortable in the server and don't think too much and not just only that make yourself as an example for being a good and well mannered player in the server... I'll give you a big good luck for this! have fun!

Haha yeah! I saw you today playing the hard maps, so I'm glad to get to spend more time with you. Hopefully we don't get off on the wrong foot, and that you'll see how great of a person I try to be. hopefully I can continue to support the server every day, whether as a regular player or a leader, or mod, or as a coder. See you on the servers! Thanks for the kind words, hopefully we can hit it off as good homies Smile
Thumbs Down 

Hopped into the server few times a day, each session about 30 minutes. I agree Koen is a very active player in the server. He also knows the maps in and out. The way he talks is also very chill and pleasant to the ears, unlike some of the CURRENT mods just keep shouting to the mic like some uneducated barbarians.

However, he'd always come across as a braggy person. He likes to show off what he has or what he does. At some point, it can be quite condescending to the other players.

Quote:zeddy plugin has issue - "im telling you zeddy doesnt know how it works, i implemented another plugin in RAZE server that works"
It's good to see you have an idea how to fix things but so far all I see is all talks and no action. Another thing though, try not to brag about what you have done for other ZE servers in Zeddy's ZE server because you know, you dont go to Microsoft and say I have done so many things for Google. That's just big no. 

Quote:mod did something to the player - "if i were a mod, i would do this and that instead"
Whenever a player says he would do XXX instead of current mod, it always does not end up well. 

Quote:new players die -"nice trim, nothing of value was lost"
Don't think you should say something like this to new players. You should guide them and teach them the map instead. No one says you have to wait until you become a mod in order teach them. 

Quote:server issue seems to be gone - "yeah i am the one that fixed that issue"
Then next round server issue appears again. He's quiet and gone. Kinda shows to me he likes to take credit for stuff that even he's unsure of. 

Although I don't have the opportunity to view the past 2 applications, but based on the discussion above, it seems that you have made 3 applications in a month. Regardless of whether you deleted them due to immaturity or saltiness, creating one application after another in a short time period kinda show you as desperate for the position.

I would say to wait another 3 months to see if you truly are determined to become mod for the greater good of the server or is it just another 5 minutes enthusiasm in order to have the mod power.

Hopped into the server few times a day, each session about 30 minutes. I agree Koen is a very active player in the server. He also knows the maps in and out. The way he talks is also very chill and pleasant to the ears, unlike some of the CURRENT mods just keep shouting to the mic like some uneducated barbarians. 

However, he'd always come across as a braggy person. He likes to show off what he has or what he does. At some point, it can be quite condescending to the other players. 

Quote:zeddy plugin has issue - "im telling you zeddy doesnt know how it works, i implemented another plugin in RAZE server that works"

It's good to see you have an idea how to fix things but so far all I see is all talks and no action. Another thing though, try not to brag about what you have done for other ZE servers in Zeddy's ZE server because you know, you dont go to Microsoft and say I have done so many things for Google. That's just big no. 

Quote:mod did something to the player - "if i were a mod, i would do this and that instead"

Whenever a player says he would do XXX instead of current mod, it always does not end up well. .

Quote:new players die -"nice trim, nothing of value was lost"

Don't think you should say something like this to new players. You should guide them and teach them the map instead. No one says you have to wait until you become a mod in order teach them. 

Quote:server issue seems to be gone - "yeah i am the one that fixed that issue"

Then next round server issue appears again. He's quiet and gone. Kinda shows to me he likes to take credit for stuff that even he's unsure of. 

Although I don't have the opportunity to view the past 2 applications, but based on the discussion above, it seems that you have made 3 applications in a month. Regardless of whether you deleted them due to immaturity or saltiness, creating one application after another in a short time period kinda show you as desperate for the position. 

I would say to wait another 3 months to see if you truly are determined to become mod for the greater good of the server or is it just another 5 minutes enthusiasm in order to have the mod power.

zeddy plugin has issue - "im telling you zeddy doesnt know how it works, i implemented another plugin in RAZE server that works"

It's good to see you have an idea how to fix things but so far all I see is all talks and no action. Another thing though, try not to brag about what you have done for other ZE servers in Zeddy's ZE server because you know, you dont go to Microsoft and say I have done so many things for Google. That's just big no.

mod did something to the player - "if i were a mod, i would do this and that instead"

Whenever a player says he would do XXX instead of current mod, it always does not end up well. .

new players die -"nice trim, nothing of value was lost"

Don't think you should say something like this to new players. You should guide them and teach them the map instead. No one says you have to wait until you become a mod in order teach them.

server issue seems to be gone - "yeah i am the one that fixed that issue"

Then next round server issue appears again. He's quiet and gone. Kinda shows to me he likes to take credit for stuff that even he's unsure of.