Not a member yet? Sign in with Steam to register!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Biggest A-hole in the 1 vs 1 Server

(05-01-2020, 03:14 PM)4verage | hellcase.com Wrote: Huh I heard him using his mic before so I just !sm him

I've probably seen him the most and I haven't heard him use the mic. Its obv he's too young, and he hates me the most since I did destroy him multiple times already. Is there any way to mute him in chat? That's pretty much where he trash talks every body/
If you're reading this, you're gay

(05-03-2020, 08:12 AM)4FFORD Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 03:14 PM)4verage | hellcase.com Wrote: Huh I heard him using his mic before so I just !sm him

I've probably seen him the most and I haven't heard him use the mic. Its obv he's too young, and he hates me the most since I did destroy him multiple times already. Is there any way to mute him in chat? That's pretty much where he trash talks every body/

he hates everyone in the server LOL, he trash talk everyone but he is a noob.
                                                    Steam: yoko ,  Discord: yoko#2002

[Image: source.gif]

Quote:  [/url]On 1/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, Malal said:
most autism in my experience happens on casual maps that are easy to win
Well then, are they winning those maps? Casue if they are then they usually then move onto the next map. The server goes on like usual. if you're trying to stop attention whores, then I guess of course direct intervention is needed. But there is no doubt that there are groups of players who purposely cause trouble in order to get off the map, and you have to understand why they don't like the map. If those problems can be mitigated, then they might become more accepting of the map and cause less trouble.

Quote:  On 1/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, Malal said:
i said you can force players not to doorhug, and then you mention about people quitting because they dont want to play anymore
Ok explain to me how you can force players not to doorhug. Shit didn't work for css, I dont see it working for csgo either on any sort of server. There will always be some doorhuggers, and I want to hear how you're going to force them not to do it.

whats your solution then, other than removing bhop
I don't have much of a solution. Heck maybe do something to increase human potential, just like bhop removed human potential. Like I said there are factors you can control and factors you can't. Also there be a good deal of choices that will require a sacrifice for a greater benefit. I can barely see the admin system being improved, well other than phantom and hotever's suggestion to decrease the acceptance time and probably hide the application process.

theyre not played every day but that wasnt your point
Well I hope you get my point. They're avoided more often because of their difficulty. Harder maps require more work, it eats the energy of the players. If its too hard, players will learn through experience after many losses that they need more than what they regularly have, such as leaders, admin regulation, a good team that doesn't fall through on the first several levels. If they realize they aren't even close to what they need, they avoid the map because they know its a lost cause. 

so now its from harder maps are avoided to theyre avoided when theres no good leader and the rounds go poorly
That should have always been a given, because the vast majority of time servers are not on tryhard mode and they dont have leaders on all the time. I decided to state it again, because I remembered that back when css was dying, people used examples of sessions with leadership to justify setting changes, which was another shit goalpost. Sessions with leadership are not representative of the vast majority of what happens on the server. For the vast majority of the time on the server, there isn't leadership. Sessions with leaders are run by the will of the leader. Sessions without leaders are run by the will of the players. That is why you have sessions where players attempt hard maps with a leader pushing them, but outside that, players usually do not vote for those maps, and if they do end up on the map without a leader, they usually rtv off it after rounds go poorly. You can't use a session with leadership to argue that players will naturally attempt difficult maps. 

Also rounds going poorly is already a given for very hard maps. If, without a leader, rounds have a chance of not going poorly, then it leaves a positive experience within players prompting them to try it out more often. (Also it would not be considered as a hard map to some) If, without a leader, rounds always go poorly, of course players are going to start avoiding that shit.

humans can bhop faster than ZMs usually because they arent being shot at, csgo has capped bhop so theres no 500+ vel zms either
Work is work, stop trying to come up with weird scenarios in some attempt to prove that the amount of defense has decreased. The aspect that zombies can catch up faster and are harder to hit literally means more defending is needed no matter what. The team can have the zombies get shot at, but now they need more people to backpedal and cover and actually shoot at the zombies. And note that means the efforts of other players, aka factors you cannot control. If the players dont put in that extra effort, then zombies can regain ground faster, and zombies advance faster too. So shaving off 5 seconds from a 40 second defense means nothing if the defense team looses more than 12.5 % of the path compared to dealing without without bhop, or if there isn't an increase of 12.5% active defenders.

and with my second one im pitching why nide and unloze are doing fine with bhop but it killed off gfl
Like I said, surviving with poison. Gfl had a higher cap (or was it unlimited? I know some players had it unlimited) and they also implemented a bunch of other things that increased the amount of defending needed. Decreasing knockback, boosted nades, double cost rebuys. When you got a fuckton of small poisons, it eventually gets to the players and they don't want to fucking deal with it, especially when they can go to another server and get the same win with lower effort.

you claim bhopping creates more defence work for non bhoppers but you also claim bhop creates less defence on maps like potc because you can trigger early
No I never claimed that. Potc needs like 5-10 people defending that final ship. This is map design, not a benefit of bhop. The second problem is that you assume by triggering early this is a benefit for humans. The thing is, this isn't about ease. potc is easy to win as humans with or without bhop. But just because humans win, doesn't mean everyone is happy, and it doesnt mean that all players who started out as human have the chance to win.

A server without bhop usually has players running from defense to defense while loosing a few players here and there, while covering at the major defenses. You don't need to know how to bhop and win because you have wide freedom of choice. A server with bhop, those who can't bhop are stuck in the back. Defense spots are lost due to early triggers and non-bhoppers have to continuously run or backpedal throughout most of the map. (which is pretty hard if they haven't memorized the path) People can't really cover for you because they have to also continuously be moving forward as well. The bhopers in front have no incentive to slow down for you either. You assume that because triggers were hit early there's less defense needed. Rather, the type of defense had just changed from "holding spots" to "constant backpedaling", with backpedaling being harsher on the new players. Because backpedaling was hard and not many new players did it, zombies weren't getting hit by bullets as often, which gave them close to the same time saving boost as humans get from early triggering. Also new players get more easily slaughtered.

It's something you have to be there to understand. During those sessions, it was always the same people winning the map, which was why other players got sick of being stuck in the same role of cannon fodder. I've already seen this happen many times, dont attempt to make excuses or come up with theories on how you think it played out. Bhop granted a wider range to those who could do it, but at the same time removed a good range of options from those who couldn't do it.

Quote:  On 1/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, [url=https://gflclan.com/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=23635]Malal said:
and then people boost with other weapons or find other ways to go about it
Just to clarify here, we're talking about a significant boost, enough to kill a good portion of defenders. Now, what other weapons or other ways are there? Shotguns?
Long time ze player (playing since 2019), kind of a veteran in the scene, you can ask me anything and I will know the answer
I'm also a very good laser (i can beat surf vortex consistently)and have beat wanderers v4 level 4
Currently 11 years old but I'm very mature for my age (most people believe I'm 14 or 15 lol)

(05-16-2020, 11:48 AM)✪1mpact Wrote:
Quote:  [/url]On 1/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, Malal said:
most autism in my experience happens on casual maps that are easy to win
Well then, are they winning those maps? Casue if they are then they usually then move onto the next map. The server goes on like usual. if you're trying to stop attention whores, then I guess of course direct intervention is needed. But there is no doubt that there are groups of players who purposely cause trouble in order to get off the map, and you have to understand why they don't like the map. If those problems can be mitigated, then they might become more accepting of the map and cause less trouble.

i said you can force players not to doorhug, and then you mention about people quitting because they dont want to play anymore
Ok explain to me how you can force players not to doorhug. Shit didn't work for css, I dont see it working for csgo either on any sort of server. There will always be some doorhuggers, and I want to hear how you're going to force them not to do it.

whats your solution then, other than removing bhop
I don't have much of a solution. Heck maybe do something to increase human potential, just like bhop removed human potential. Like I said there are factors you can control and factors you can't. Also there be a good deal of choices that will require a sacrifice for a greater benefit. I can barely see the admin system being improved, well other than phantom and hotever's suggestion to decrease the acceptance time and probably hide the application process.

theyre not played every day but that wasnt your point
Well I hope you get my point. They're avoided more often because of their difficulty. Harder maps require more work, it eats the energy of the players. If its too hard, players will learn through experience after many losses that they need more than what they regularly have, such as leaders, admin regulation, a good team that doesn't fall through on the first several levels. If they realize they aren't even close to what they need, they avoid the map because they know its a lost cause. 

so now its from harder maps are avoided to theyre avoided when theres no good leader and the rounds go poorly
That should have always been a given, because the vast majority of time servers are not on tryhard mode and they dont have leaders on all the time. I decided to state it again, because I remembered that back when css was dying, people used examples of sessions with leadership to justify setting changes, which was another shit goalpost. Sessions with leadership are not representative of the vast majority of what happens on the server. For the vast majority of the time on the server, there isn't leadership. Sessions with leaders are run by the will of the leader. Sessions without leaders are run by the will of the players. That is why you have sessions where players attempt hard maps with a leader pushing them, but outside that, players usually do not vote for those maps, and if they do end up on the map without a leader, they usually rtv off it after rounds go poorly. You can't use a session with leadership to argue that players will naturally attempt difficult maps. 

Also rounds going poorly is already a given for very hard maps. If, without a leader, rounds have a chance of not going poorly, then it leaves a positive experience within players prompting them to try it out more often. (Also it would not be considered as a hard map to some) If, without a leader, rounds always go poorly, of course players are going to start avoiding that shit.

humans can bhop faster than ZMs usually because they arent being shot at, csgo has capped bhop so theres no 500+ vel zms either
Work is work, stop trying to come up with weird scenarios in some attempt to prove that the amount of defense has decreased. The aspect that zombies can catch up faster and are harder to hit literally means more defending is needed no matter what. The team can have the zombies get shot at, but now they need more people to backpedal and cover and actually shoot at the zombies. And note that means the efforts of other players, aka factors you cannot control. If the players dont put in that extra effort, then zombies can regain ground faster, and zombies advance faster too. So shaving off 5 seconds from a 40 second defense means nothing if the defense team looses more than 12.5 % of the path compared to dealing without without bhop, or if there isn't an increase of 12.5% active defenders.

and with my second one im pitching why nide and unloze are doing fine with bhop but it killed off gfl
Like I said, surviving with poison. Gfl had a higher cap (or was it unlimited? I know some players had it unlimited) and they also implemented a bunch of other things that increased the amount of defending needed. Decreasing knockback, boosted nades, double cost rebuys. When you got a fuckton of small poisons, it eventually gets to the players and they don't want to fucking deal with it, especially when they can go to another server and get the same win with lower effort.

you claim bhopping creates more defence work for non bhoppers but you also claim bhop creates less defence on maps like potc because you can trigger early
No I never claimed that. Potc needs like 5-10 people defending that final ship. This is map design, not a benefit of bhop. The second problem is that you assume by triggering early this is a benefit for humans. The thing is, this isn't about ease. potc is easy to win as humans with or without bhop. But just because humans win, doesn't mean everyone is happy, and it doesnt mean that all players who started out as human have the chance to win.

A server without bhop usually has players running from defense to defense while loosing a few players here and there, while covering at the major defenses. You don't need to know how to bhop and win because you have wide freedom of choice. A server with bhop, those who can't bhop are stuck in the back. Defense spots are lost due to early triggers and non-bhoppers have to continuously run or backpedal throughout most of the map. (which is pretty hard if they haven't memorized the path) People can't really cover for you because they have to also continuously be moving forward as well. The bhopers in front have no incentive to slow down for you either. You assume that because triggers were hit early there's less defense needed. Rather, the type of defense had just changed from "holding spots" to "constant backpedaling", with backpedaling being harsher on the new players. Because backpedaling was hard and not many new players did it, zombies weren't getting hit by bullets as often, which gave them close to the same time saving boost as humans get from early triggering. Also new players get more easily slaughtered.

It's something you have to be there to understand. During those sessions, it was always the same people winning the map, which was why other players got sick of being stuck in the same role of cannon fodder. I've already seen this happen many times, dont attempt to make excuses or come up with theories on how you think it played out. Bhop granted a wider range to those who could do it, but at the same time removed a good range of options from those who couldn't do it.

Quote:  On 1/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, [url=https://gflclan.com/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=23635]Malal said:
and then people boost with other weapons or find other ways to go about it
Just to clarify here, we're talking about a significant boost, enough to kill a good portion of defenders. Now, what other weapons or other ways are there? Shotguns?

wat
I think you posted on the wrong thread lmfao
If you're reading this, you're gay